Wednesday 27 March 2013

FMP... Shells...

Thanks to my wonderful friend Toni Anne Everitt who ate all the mussels so I could use the shells for my project. I knew I wanted to have them hanging from a neck piece, just didn't know how. After cooking the mussels for Toni's dinner, some of the lovely blues and purples on the outside that you find on the shells from the beach had turned a bit dull and brown. So I had a think and thought about spray painting them gold. I didn't want to get rid of the brown completely so decided on spray painting half of them gold so it looks like they have been dipped in gold.

 photo DSCF2635_zpsc58e7d4c.jpg
 
I then experimented on the stand how I would apply the shells to the neck piece which I cut out from the bodice of the wedding dress 
 
 photo DSCF2646_zps7b9b846d.jpg photo DSCF2659_zpsbf813b64.jpg
 
 photo DSCF2676_zpsf2904e53.jpg
The final product

No comments:

Post a Comment