Sunday 10 February 2013

Inspiration... Darwin

Darwin

Recently I have been feeling a little down, not really knowing where my life and work is heading. Normally I have an idea of what I want to do, something I really, really love but nothing has been getting me really excited. I was just sitting in the library, on the floor with my friend, as you do, just starring at books hoping for some kind of inspiration to pop out when it hit me. I have always liked books of people's work who sketch plants and animals, documenting what they see in their lives, wishing I could go on some kind of adventure. How could I have not thought of it before? Who is the most famous person to document animals and plants through drawings, noting how they are vary in different parts of the world! Charles Darwin!

Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
Pinned Image
 
 
I just love the details in the drawings themselves, the texture and tone is amazing! I have a few inspirational day visits lined up for next week, one of which will be me going to visit Darwin's old house in Kent. I'm so excited! I have so many different ideas already of what I could do! This was the eureka moment I was waiting for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment