Tuesday 26 February 2013

FMP

Final Major Project Inspiration...

So my final project at university has started! Dun dun duuuuunnnn!!! It is scary to think that the last 4 years of my life has gone so quick! I remember my first day in Foundation year thinking I had all the time in the world and it has just flown by!

I am excited and apprehensive at the same time. Soon it will be time to enter the real world of work. I am looking forward to getting going with my FMP but also scared about the amount time we have to do it in. The only thing that is keeping me going is the fact that previous years have managed to do it so somehow I must be able to.

My starting point for my FMP was Darwin and his animal drawings. I then went down the route of taxidermy and stuffed animals to get textures, patterns and shapes. I don't want to do the 'too obvious' route of animals, using animals skins etc. as that is just not me. I've realised in the past modules I have lost what I am about, and rather than doing something I love, I have done the work just to get by. This is something I definitely don't want to do in the next one! This is my final work to go on show and I want it to show what I am about. I am more about the theory and the story behind the work, looking deep into the mood and texture of the work rather than something that will be wearable and sellable. As I want to go into teaching, finding a market where I could go into work afterwards with my pieces is not essential to me. I want to use all my skills I have to show what I can achieve and then take this to the classroom environment. I don't have a particular technique or skill that I am especially interested in as I like all aspects and try different things. I think sometimes this can be my downfall as I want to include everything! However I will try to do as much as I can to show my abilities, I don't want to be put in a box.

I have collected a number of images that have helped me with my starting point as I was a bit lost before I started. This has helped me to decide what I am doing.

 
 IMG-20130226-01190_zpsf0aff8c5.jpg
 
 
 IMG-20130226-01192_zps58edb2bc.jpg
 
 
 IMG-20130226-01193_zps799a34dc.jpg
 
 
Now I just have to do the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment