Tuesday 25 September 2012

London Fashion Week... Holly Fulton

So London Fashion has come and gone already! This year is going so quickly! I'm still looking through designers for inspiration, finding some lovely things that gets the creative mind flowing. I like to look for inspiration for things I might not necessarily be needing straight away for a project I am on at the moment but so I can use them in the future and know I have them stored in the back of my mind. This is one of those, it's not a collection I am going to use for my current project but it is too nice not to mention. Holly Fulton's S/S13 collection is inspired by the theme of going on holiday to Mexico with the 50s/60s in mind. The colours are very sweet of the pastel kind such as sugar blue, pink, orange with the bolder colours such as navy, red, cobalt and black. Prints consist of naked elegant ladies, geometric shapes and roses which have been layered over the top of each other.

I like how she has used the same shapes of the prints such as the women but repeated them in different sizes, for example, the first dress there is two ladies lined up either side of the design and then she has used the ladies in a printed motif of tiny ladies all over some cropped trousers. I also like the layered up technique she has used, having a print in the background such as bold stripes and then placing the motifs such as roses and other shapes over the top to add depth. I also like her appliqued PVC jackets although I don't know how they would fare in the spring summer seasons! I like how she has used applique to add another layer to her prints by adding some texture.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment