Thursday 20 September 2012

London Fashion Week... Mulberry

Mulberry...

I always like Mulberry's collections and have used them as inspiration in most of my projects and this collection is no exception. I love the colours in the collection, the use of print and embellishment.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The collection has been based on the English country garden with the summer colours of ice cream like apricot, spearmint and pink with the casual more grown up colours of camel and navy. Garment shapes consist of the 70s maxi dress, belted jumpers, with looser shapes such as capes, wide cut trousers and straight jackets.
What I like about this collection is that the print and embroidery has carried on up on to the knit and that the prints are really detailed. Like an overgrown country garden. As I said before I really love the colour palette of this collection, I'm a sucker for a camel coloured coat and I love the mixture between the soft floaty silky/lacy dresses with the heavy over sized coats and biker jackets. If the collection didn't consist of some pastels I would be more inclined to say this collection looks more of a pre Autumn Winter collection with the metallic shades mixed in with the camel and navy. However I feel like it is a collection designed for cool spring time (especially in the UK) where the weather is unpredictable and you would still need your knitwear and coats but still feel 'springey' in the light, floaty trousers and dresses.  
 
(all pictures sourced from style.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment