Wednesday 19 September 2012

Inspiration... Valentino

Valentino Resort 2013

This collection is based on the pop art culture of the 1960s which uses Andy Warhol as their inspiration. Bright colours of sky blue, neon pink and orange were used in connection with 60 styled clothing too. They have used bits of lace, dyed different colours to then be stitched on top of their garments which I think adds an interesting effect of lace camouflage.







 



 





 
 
I like how they have used peplums and mixture between lace and block colours. My favourite ones are the beige skin tone dresses with the pink and green flowers embroidered on top, I think it is really elegant and feminine and also looks very traditional which contrasts with the rest of the collection with the bright pop colour of the 1960s. I like the mixture in this collection between the modern bright neon colours with the traditional feminine lace. This collection makes me think of using different materials with different textures and block colours.
 
 
(all pictures from style.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment